The 60 second overview:
- Users like content they can relate to.
- Someone looking for a photographer for their wedding is more likely to contact you from a page about wedding photography than a generic page on photography.
- So the homepage should be generic – appeal to all your users – and then lead them to a page which is more targeted to their particular need.
- Once they’re on that page, you can be much more specific – not just with the text but the imagery, case studies and testimonials as well.
- For example, a plumber that does domestic and commercial – the homepage can talk about your general services and then you have a page for domestic customers and another for commercial customers.
- On the domestic page your imagery and testimonials will all be related to the problems you solve for domestic customers.
- Even the calls to action should be targeted. e.g. a white paper about the top 10 plumbing problems homeowners face (and how to avoid them)
- Remember, each step through the website should increase your visitors confidence in you. More specific, targeted content as they go through the website will help.
Not sure what to do next? Give us a call on 0118 380 0131, or contact us here to see how we can help.
Make sure you don’t miss the rest of this series. Sign up below to receive short, simple website tips straight into your inbox.