Some blog ideas
One of the best ways to drive traffic to your website is to write a blog about your business. We’ll ask our clients if they’re willing to do this – it’s only worth doing it if you’re willing to update it pretty much every working day and for some people that’s too much of a committment. There are other options, such as paying a professional copywriter or blogger to do it for you, but then you don’t really have the chance to share your insights with your potential clients and impress the socks off of them.
It’s not too much to ask though, as long as you have some good ideas. Pretty much every day something will come along in your working life which you can share with someone – why not share it with your blogging audience and reap the benefits of it.
Some ideas you might want to write about would be:
- a new product or service that you offer
- an anecdote of the day – a funny story is always good (“We deleted the website and didn’t have a back-up. ho ho!”) – your website doesn’t always have to be deadly serious and doesn’t even have to always be on-topic (although it should be sometimes!)
- Something you’ve learned today – either a way to save yourself some time or a new technique that turned out to be useful or something
- Something you’re proud of – perhaps you helped a client achieve something?
- A list – your top 5 favourite websites relevant to your business etc
- A quiz – first correct answer gets a free something
- A free bit of advice for your clients
That’s a decent list to get started with. A blog doesn’t have to take up all of your working day but it’s an easy way to keep your website fresh, make your website more personal and drive traffic to your site. It also gives your customers a reason to keep coming back to your site and the more they come back, the more likely they are to buy something from you!
Gregor Spowart is a partner in Mass Media Design, a website design and Internet Marketing company based in Reading (Berkshire), Swindon (Wiltshire) and Cardiff. Gregor is an SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) specialist.